By Hileni Nembwaya
THE former senior traditional councillor and Chief of the Uukwanambwa traditional district, Wilbad Lidker who was dismissed by King Immanuel Kauluma Elifas of Ondonga last month has come out guns blazing saying the king has no mandate to dismiss his senior councillors.
He is one of the few senior Ondonga traditional authority (OTA) councillors dismissed by King Elifas, following irregularities reported within their districts.
According to the dismissal letter, Lidker was fired for failing to adhere to the rules and regulations of OTA, and was verbally informed on January 16 of the termination of his services as the head of Uukwanambwa district.
However, Lidker said that the king was supposed to follow all the right channels before dismissing him.
“Everything was done unfairly; they did not follow the procedures. I will not accept their false dismissal letter and I want them to retain my position with immediate effect,” he said.
According to the Traditional Authorities Act, if there is sufficient reason to warrant the removal of a chief or head of a traditional community from office, such chief or head must be removed from office by the members of his or her traditional community.
Lidker informed Confidente that he was unfairly dismissed as he was not informed nor warned about any wrongdoings by King Elifas before he was served with a dismissal letter earlier this year.
“I do not know why I was dismissed and I was chased with no reasons because the reasons that they have stated in my dismissal letter are false and uncalled for. I think the allegations are just a smear campaign by individuals who are close to the king,” said Lidker.
In another twist to the matter, Lidker furthermore said that he believes the real reason behind his expulsion was due to allegations that he attempted to set the bedroom of his ex-girlfriend on fire at Omutsegonime village in the Uukwanambwa district.
However, Lidker said he neither attempted to torch the room nor kill anybody.
His arson case was postponed to October 19 to allow time for further police investigations into the matter.
The spokesperson of OTA, Josef Asino confirmed the matter saying that it is a pending court case.
“I am fully aware of the matter, however I cannot comment on further because it is a pending court case. The outcome of the matter is expected to be heard by the end of this month,” he said.
Confidente. Lifting the Lid. Copyright © 2015